What is the difference between Frankincense and Sacred Frankincense?
Q. What is the difference between Frankincense and Sacred Frankincense?
A. Frankincense Presentation Notes - Cole Woolley, PhD speaking at The Thrive Conference 02/15
Boswellia carteri is a “cousin” to B. sacra, differing by 2 components
- The uses for the 2 species are about the same
- Boswellia carteri ships from Somalia to Dubai
- Sourcing 1,000 kilo/monthSacred Frankincense
- Boswellia sacra
- Oman, most prized
- 2009, Oman put a ban on all others wanting to harvest Frank
- We control, this ensures a single species, Boswellia sacra
- For 5,000 years the people of Oman have collected resin of Boswellia sacra
YL worked with Oman botanists to identify Boswellia sacra, which only grows in this one place in the world. Note: India has inexpensive Frankincense.
It grows at 3,000 feet, some along the ocean. It grows in this region because of the limestone. There are annual monsoons there every summer providing unique moisture.
- Omani resin collection method
- Methods of resin collection are 5,000 years old
- One tree give 1 kilo every year
- If you want to have oil, you collect resin
- Resin is only collected every 2 weeks, for three times, then the tree scars
- The resin is put in the sand to dry out
- Resin is distilled to produce the oil
Three companies have tried to distill Sacred Frank and all 3 were kicked out by the Omani government. It is “impossible” to get a license to do what YL is doing.
The Premium Starter Kit contains Frankincense (Boswellia carteri)
- Resin produces about 10% oil
- Ship the oil to the USA for about 8 different quality control tests on 230 components
- It is the combination of these multiple components that helps many conditions
Benefits and Uses
- Helps with cellular health
- Recommends 1 drops a day for cellular health
- Stimulates brain
- Put one drop on EO jewelry or handkerchief
- Put 2-4 drops on an unscented candle (don’t burn the candle), next to bed to slowly give off aroma
- 1 drop over heart or on other part of body